Business streams assist foreign nationals with the ability to establish, purchase, or invest in an existing business, selected primarily on the basis of its ability to create jobs for the foreign national and other Canadians.
1. Entrepreneur Program Stream
This program is for to entrepreneurs and/or owner/operators of businesses who want to immigrate to the NWT and establish business operations in the NWT. All economic sectors are eligible for this program.
You must have
- A minimum of $300,000 CDN equity into starting or buying a business within the corporate boundaries of Yellowknife, NWT
- A minimum of $150,000 CDN equity into starting or buying a business outside of the corporate boundaries of Yellowknife, NWT
Have a personal net worth of:
- At least $500,000 CDN if starting or buying a business within the corporate boundaries of Yellowknife, NWT
- At least $250,000 CDN if starting or buying a business outside the corporate boundaries of Yellowknife, NWT
- Have an additional $75,000 kept in a trust account and released upon completion of a Performance Agreement based on a business proposal
- Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge and understanding of NWT and its economy
- Be able to demonstrate reasonable communication skills
- Have the necessary experience and education to successfully implement the business plan
2. Self-Employed Stream
This is for professionals who can provide a service that is in demand in the NWT by establishing business outlets or professional practices. This category applies only to self employed professionals.
- Have a profession that is identified as a professional skill shortage
- Satisfy any certification or accreditation requirements for the particular profession or occupation
- Be licensed/accepted by the body governing the profession, if any
- Demonstrate reasonable communication skills appropriate to the NWT
- Demonstrate a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the NWT and its economy
- Demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to start and operate the professional practice and to support themselves and any dependents for a period of six months; and
- Submit a detailed business plan for the business or practice.
Application process for Business Driven Streams
HOW WE CAN HELP
- There are 116 programs through which one can migrate to Canada. If you are keen to go & settle sown in Canada then we can assess your profile and assure your eligibility under any of the Immigration Programs Canada offers.
- Our profile assessments are authentic and we assure 100% visa guarantee.
- If you have already applied to Canada Immigration and are awaiting a reply/decision since long then we can help you to expedite your process and get you eligible to receive your visa faster!
- If your points are low in the Express Entry Category then we can help you get a Provincial Nomination.
- We can help you select an occupation code out of more than 500 on the list, to get you one that best fits your profile.
- Our counselling services will be bespoke- we understand everyone’s profiles are different and hence we offer tailor made guidance to ensure that each case/each profile has the best chance of succeeding.